Win a luxury $2,500 vine, city or sea experience
Competition terms and conditions
1.1 Person entering the competition must be a resident of: Australia only.
1.2 Must be 18 years or older to enter
1.3 Commencement time: 9.00 am (ACST)
1.4 Commencement date: 22nd November 2019
1.5 Closing time: 11.59 pm (ACST)
1.6 Closing date: 29th February 2020
1.7 Major Prize Judging time: 4.30 pm (ACST)
1.8 Major Prize Judging date: 14th March 2020
1.9 The major prize winner will be notified by either phone or email and winner’s agree to have their full name published on the 1834 Hotels https://www.facebook.com/1834Hotels and SA Weekend Escapes Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/saweekendescapes, on 14th March 2020 and also have their name published on www.1834hotels.com.au/. The winner must enter into correspondence with 1834 Hotels by phone or email within 7 days to claim their prize.
1.10 Address of competition to be drawn at 1834 Hotels, 62 the Parade, Norwood, South Australia 5067.
1.11 Major Prize is valid for travel until 14th March 2021, all accommodation prizes are subject to availability. Block out dates include all special events (as deemed by 1834 Hotels), public holiday weekends plus additional blackout dates may apply. This voucher cannot be redeemed for cash nor is transferrable for any other services. Additional guests for accommodation are on request and incurs an additional fee which will be advised at time of request. These requests are subject to availability.
2. WHO MAY ENTER The only persons who may enter and be awarded prizes are residents of the place specified in Variable 1.1, who are not (i) employees, directors, management or officers of, or contractors related to the promoter, or (ii) members of the immediate family of such employees, directors, management, officers or contractors. “Immediate family” means spouse, defacto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the employee, director, manager, officer or contractor.
3. ENTRIES Entrants are to book direct, online only, with valid 1834 Hotels network properties and stay during 1st December 2019 and 29th February 2020. Please note the competition is based on a random draw. The winning entrant will be selected by the promoter at random. Entry is limited to one per person. The result of the draw is final.
4. ENTRANTS BOUND BY CONDITIONS By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
5. HOW TO ENTER The entrant must book direct online via an 1834 Hotels network property with a minimum one-night stay between 1st December 2019 and 29th February 2020. Each entry must be the entrant’s own original entry and not submitted on behalf of another individual.
6. DURATION This competition commences at the time and date specified in Variables 1.3 and 1.4. Entries must be received by the time and date specified in Variables 1.5 and 1.6. Entries must be received during the above competition period.
7. SELECTION OF WINNER Major prize will be drawn at the time and date specified in Variables 1.7 and 1.8. The draw to determine the winners will take place at the address specified in Condition 1.10. The Promoter’s decisions are final, and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, has violated these terms and conditions.
8. PRIVACY Entrant personal information (“PI”) will be collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this competition and its winner. The PI of the winner may be provided to others assisting, including prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this competition. Entrants may contact the Promoter at the address given below to request access to any of their collected PI that is still held. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested PI, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible. The prize must be claimed within 7 days. If the prize remains unclaimed by that date, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next best valid entry. Any private information collected from entrants and/or winner may be stored via the SA Weekend Escapes and 1834 Hotels databases. If you wish to notify the promoter of access to this information or notify of a breach of conditions of entry or privacy please contact 1834 Hotels; email email@example.com. Breaches of privacy complaints will be dealt with within 30 days of receiving correspondence. Any information provided will not be disclosed to any third party, including overseas entities.
9. 2 x MAJOR PRIZE: Your choice of one of the below three options:
• Vine: Discover South Australia’s famous wine region – the Barossa Valley! This prize is for 2 adults, including one, direct flight return from the closest capital city, airport to hotel transfers, 2-night stay at the Mayfair Hotel, helicopter ride, return transfer, exclusive winery tours and lunch for two people.
• City: Experience the best Adelaide has to offer! This prize is for 2 adults, including one, direct flight return from the closest capital city, airport to hotel transfers, 2-night stay at the Mayfair Hotel, Central Market tour, Magill Estate lunch, Adelaide Oval roof climb or Museum tour all for two people.
• Sea: See the beauty of Adelaide from the beach! This prize is for 2 adults, including one, direct flight return from the closest capital city, airport to hotel transfers, 2-night stay at the Mayfair Hotel, private yacht ride, return transfer and lunch all for two people.
Prize total valued up to $2,460 per prize. Voucher will be issued with a validity 13th March 2021. All prize inclusions listed under variable 9 are to be collected by the winner, at the winner’s expense.
The prize does not include:
(i) any transportation between the traveller’s residence and the departure airport if the winner is flying in from another state, and any transportation between the airport and hotel;
(ii) any other expenses prior to departure from or after return to the departure airport;
(iii) Any incidental charges charged to entrants room account during the stay;
(iv) any insurance (such as travel or health cover);
(v) any other ancillary costs (at the hotels or elsewhere) which may be incurred by the winner. All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in prize values. In the event for any reason the winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The prize is only valid at the nominated hotels and events and is not transferrable to another affiliated hotel. In the event that any prize item is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values. The Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and proof of age. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. NO QUALITY, ETC, REPRESENTATIONS/EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or loss suffered or sustained, to person or property or otherwise and including, but not limited to, direct or consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or their respective servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the winner.
11. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION The winner will be notified via the phone number &/or email address provided on the accommodation booking. By entering the competition the winner agrees to have their name published on Facebook. The name of the winner will be published as specified in Variable 1.9.
12. PUBLICITY The winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
13. PROMOTER The Promoters are as listed
• 1834 Hotels Pty Ltd, ABN 3706 161 0071. SA Weekend Escapes is a network member of 1834 Hotels.
14. ENTIRE CONDITIONS These conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties relating to the entry and the conduct of the competit