Weekend Away in Adelaide
Adelaide is creeping up the list of cities to visit in Australia alongside Melbourne and Sydney. It is where vibrant landscapes, world class produce and excellent entertainment collides. With a number of hotels in the CBD, stay with us right in the heart of Adelaide! We’ve compiled the ideal guide on how to spend a weekend away in South Australia’s hip capital.
You can’t visit this city without indulging in the local restaurants showcasing a range of cuisines and local produce.
If you’re looking for a unique dining experience, head to Africola for their pan-African flavour pantry. Be prepared for strong flavours and spice but it will definitely not disappoint!
• Peel St
Located in Adelaide’s main bar district, Peel St. on Peel Street is iconic to the city. Featuring simple, fresh and delicious food full of flavour in a rustic-style restaurant, it is a must-visit!
• The Den
A new and stylish bistro has opened at the award winning Mayfair Hotel, serving simple high-quality bistro dishes in stunning surrounds.
Adelaide’s bar-scene is next level with an array of alleys and streets filled with unique bars. Be sure to visit our favourites;
• Hains & Co.
Keeping things very chill at an inner-city spot, where the expertise is whisky and gin, enjoy a drink on the street on their tables outside.
• Pink Moon Saloon
Specialising in cocktails enjoy a drink in a location that channels the aesthetic of a Swedish dolls house. The soundtrack features ‘80s power ballads keeps the vibe well and truly alive.
• Maybe Mae
It isn’t the easiest bar to find- it’s hidden in the tunnel between Peel and Leigh streets but venture down and you’ll find the concealed entrance to the 1950s cocktail lounge. Hint: it’s behind the timber-clad wall, with no door handle or signage.
• Adelaide Central Market
The Adelaide Central Market is an undercover food mecca and well-loved South Australian institution. 80 produce stalls are housed inside, with some of the best and freshet produce you’ll find the world over.
• Visit Ebenezer Place
Ebenezer Place is a quaint laneway full of independently owned boutiques, bustling cafes and some of Adelaide’s best wine cellars and food. Be sure to buy locally made, get coffee and pick up flowers just across the way.
• Explore wineries at the Adelaide Hills
A short drive up the freeway from Adelaide’s CBD will lead you to the picturesque Adelaide Hills. With more than 60 wineries dotted throughout this world-famous wine region, visiting cellar doors and cheese caves is a must.
Where to stay? With a number of hotels throughout the Adelaide CBD, from luxury 5-star hotels to apartment-living, you’ll find the perfect choice!
• Adabco Boutique Hotel: This hotel is nestled among the leafy streets of Wakefield street in Adelaide’s east. Book now!
• Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments: The Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments offers comfortable accommodation, conveniently located just minutes from the centre of Adelaide city in the heart of trendy North Adelaide. Book Now!
• Adelaide Royal Coach: This hotel is conveniently located on the outskirts of the central business district, offering affordable accommodation facilities. Book Now!
• Mayfair Hotel: Iconic to Adelaide, this 5-star boutique hotel is located in the heart of the city and offers luxury accommodation. Book Now!
Header Image: Alfred’s Bar/ Photographer: Meaghan Coles